How to partner with TikTok influencers
TikTok is the fastest-growing social media platform in the world, with over 1 billion monthly active users and 2.6 billion downloads as of June 2021. The app is known for its short-form video content that covers a wide range of topics, from comedy and dance to beauty and education. TikTok is also a powerful marketing tool for brands that want to reach a large and engaged audience, especially the Gen Z and millennial demographics.
One of the most effective ways to leverage TikTok for marketing is to partner with TikTok influencers. Influencers are content creators who have a loyal fan base and a high level of influence on their followers’ opinions and behaviors. By collaborating with influencers, brands can tap into their creativity, authenticity, and credibility, and gain access to their niche communities.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps of creating a successful TikTok influencer marketing strategy for your brand. We will cover the following topics:
- How to find the right TikTok influencers for your brand
- How to reach out to TikTok influencers and negotiate a deal
- How to measure the results of your TikTok influencer campaigns
- How to optimize your TikTok influencer strategy for 2023
How to find the right TikTok influencers for your brand
The first step of any influencer marketing campaign is to find the right influencers for your brand. This means looking beyond the number of followers and focusing on the relevance, engagement, and reputation of the influencers.
Here are some tips on how to find the right TikTok influencers for your brand:
- Define your goals and target audience. Before you start searching for influencers, you need to have a clear idea of what you want to achieve with your campaign and who you want to reach. For example, do you want to increase brand awareness, generate leads, or drive sales? Do you want to target a specific age group, gender, location, or interest?
- Use hashtags and keywords. One of the easiest ways to find relevant influencers on TikTok is to use hashtags and keywords related to your niche, industry, or product. For example, if you are a beauty brand, you can search for hashtags like #beauty, #makeup, #skincare, etc. You can also use keywords like “beauty tips”, “makeup tutorial”, “skincare routine”, etc. This will help you discover popular and trending content in your niche and identify the creators behind them.
- Browse categories and discover pages. Another way to find relevant influencers on TikTok is to browse categories and discover pages on the app. Categories are curated collections of videos based on different topics, such as music, comedy, sports, fashion, etc. Discover pages are personalized recommendations of videos based on your preferences and activity. You can browse these pages to find influencers who match your brand’s style, tone, and values.
- Use influencer marketing platforms. If you want to save time and effort in finding influencers, you can use influencer marketing platforms that specialize in TikTok. These platforms are online tools that help you search, analyze, and contact influencers based on various criteria, such as location, category, followers, engagement rate, etc. Some examples of TikTok influencer marketing platforms are Influencer Marketing Hub, Fanbytes, Upfluence, etc.
- Check out competitors and peers. Another way to find relevant influencers on TikTok is to check out what your competitors and peers are doing. You can follow their accounts and see what kind of influencers they are working with, what kind of content they are creating, and what kind of results they are getting. This will help you get some inspiration and insights for your own campaign.
How to reach out to TikTok influencers and negotiate a deal
Once you have a list of potential influencers for your campaign, the next step is to reach out to them and negotiate a deal. This means establishing a relationship with them, communicating your expectations and requirements, and agreeing on the terms and conditions of the collaboration.
Here are some tips on how to reach out to TikTok influencers and negotiate a deal:
- Be professional and respectful. When contacting influencers, you need to be professional and respectful in your communication. You need to introduce yourself and your brand, explain why you are interested in working with them, and provide some details about your campaign goals and budget. You also need to respect their time and availability, and avoid spamming them with multiple messages or calls.
- Be clear and specific. When negotiating with influencers, you need to be clear and specific about what you expect from them and what you can offer them in return. You need to define the scope of work, such as the number of videos they need to create, the duration of the campaign, the type of content they need to produce (e.g., product review, tutorial, challenge, etc.), the hashtags and mentions they need to use, etc. You also need to agree on the compensation, whether it is cash, free products, discounts, commissions, etc.
- Be flexible and creative. When collaborating with influencers, you need to be flexible and creative in your approach. You need to respect their creative freedom and allow them to express their personality and style in their content. You also need to be open to their suggestions and feedback, and be willing to adjust your campaign strategy if needed. You can also brainstorm some ideas together and come up with some unique and engaging content concepts that will resonate with their audience.
How to measure the results of your TikTok influencer campaigns
The final step of any influencer marketing campaign is to measure the results and evaluate the performance. This means tracking and analyzing the key metrics and indicators that reflect your campaign goals and objectives.
Here are some tips on how to measure the results of your TikTok influencer campaigns:
- Use TikTok analytics. If you have a TikTok business account, you can use TikTok analytics to access various data and insights about your account and your campaigns. You can see metrics such as views, likes, comments, shares, followers, reach, impressions, watch time, etc. You can also see the demographics and interests of your audience, as well as the performance of your hashtags and keywords.
- Use influencer marketing platforms. If you use influencer marketing platforms to manage your campaigns, you can also use them to measure your results. These platforms can provide you with detailed reports and dashboards that show you the metrics and ROI of each influencer and each video. You can also compare the results of different influencers and different campaigns, and identify the best practices and areas for improvement.
- Use tracking tools. If you want to track more specific metrics, such as conversions, sales, leads, etc., you can use tracking tools that help you link your TikTok campaigns to your website or landing page. For example, you can use tools like [Bitly], [PixelMe], [Shopify], etc., to create trackable links that you can embed in your videos or in your influencers’ bios. These tools can help you measure how many clicks, visits, sign-ups, purchases, etc., you get from your TikTok campaigns.
How to optimize your TikTok influencer strategy for 2023
TikTok is constantly evolving and changing, so you need to keep up with the latest trends and best practices to optimize your TikTok influencer strategy for 2023. Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Stay updated on the latest features and formats. TikTok is always introducing new features and formats that enhance the user experience and offer more opportunities for creativity and engagement. For example, some of the recent features and formats that TikTok has launched are Video Shopping Ads, [Spark Ads], [TikTok Stories], [TikTok Live], etc. You need to stay updated on these features and formats and experiment with them in your campaigns.
- Diversify your influencer portfolio. TikTok has a diverse and inclusive community of influencers who cater to different niches, audiences, and preferences. You need to diversify your influencer portfolio and work with influencers who have different levels of influence (e.g., micro-influencers, macro-influencers, mega-influencers), different types of content (e.g., comedy, education, lifestyle, etc.), different demographics (e.g., age, gender, location, etc.), etc. This will help you reach a wider and more relevant audience for your brand.
- Embrace social commerce. Social commerce is the trend of using social media platforms to discover, browse, and buy products or services online. TikTok is one of the leading platforms for social commerce, as it allows users to shop directly from the app or from the influencers’ videos or profiles. You need to embrace social commerce in your TikTok influencer strategy by creating shoppable content that showcases your products or services in an engaging and authentic way.
TikTok is a powerful platform for marketing your brand in 2023. By partnering with TikTok influencers, you can boost your brand awareness, engagement, loyalty, and sales. However, you need to follow a strategic process to find the right influencers for your brand, reach out to them and negotiate a deal, measure the results of your campaigns, and optimize your strategy for 2023.
We hope this article has given you some useful tips and insights on how to create a successful TikTok influencer marketing strategy for your brand.